DotaWorld

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Photobucket

4 posters

Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James.

DimPapa
    DimPapa
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Gold : 28471
    Fame : 2

Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James. Empty Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James.

Post by DimPapa Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 am

Last week, i see that almost everyone is letting this site die. Dare made this site, WCWorld, for us. You, you, you and you and me. And its not that simple building a site. So, when we see our site dying (because WCWorld IS our site), what do we do?

I got permission to put this on the Announcements section, so all of you read it.

Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James.

Ok, so what this site needs is content and advertising. Let me start with content:

1) We need guides. This site is about DotA mostly, so we need more guides about heroes, items, basics, etc. Now, some of you may ask: "And where are we supossed to find guides?" The answer is: You are gonna write them! Thats right, whoever isn't noob (you can't lie to yourselfes) should write a guide about basics or a hero. Just gather one day and choose between you whose gonna write what and then start writing. And i'm sure that Dare will.. reward anyone who write a guide.

2) Replays. I guess you all have various woth-to-see replays stored in your PC about almost every hero. We should make categories and start uploading those replays of yours! We can also download pro replays and post them here. And im telling you, having various replays is a great advantage for a site.

3) Contests and events. They always boost up a site..

Generally, the site is well build, has some cool features, so we just need content. And all of you can do something, cant you?

Advertising the site:

In order to advertise the site, we should get us a bit of content first (read above). When we are ready about content, we follow these steps:

1) Ok, advertising the site can be pretty easy. The easiest thing to do is invite friends. Remember, the site is for Warcraft, not just DotA. So, if a friend of yours is related to WC, invite him. If he still refuses to come, tranquilize!

2) Then advertise WCW in any site you are registered too. Carefull, if advertising is strictly banned, then refer "accidentically" to the site now and then. What i mean: (in a music site) "Oh, man, nice song! I will download it, but i have no free time, i spend it all in WCWorld!" Ofcourse someone will ask what the hell is WCWorld (toilet world?!). Then you explain and invite him. If you do this in every site you know..

3) Stay logged in! I was chating with this guy the other day, we were using WCW chat box. He was a complete stranger, so i asked him to join. He said: "Nah, what for?" Let me tell you something. If visiors see that no one is logged in, its like we're telling them:
    "Hello people. Welcome to WCWorld, but unfortunately the site is dying. So, you better go register on DA or DS".
    Thats what someone who wants to register in our site sees.

4) Keywords. I really don't know how this works, but Dare should "boost" the site's keywords. A lot of dumbasses search for DotA cheats in google. So Dare should change the site title to: WCWorld, where wc comes alive. Cheats, guides, tips, hints, etc. Exactly how Drew did. Why do you think he did this? And many other "most-searchable" keywords.

Thats all. If you really want to save our site, thats what you need to do. Sorry for grammar mistakes, its morning here and i haven't had a coffe yet, so.. If i havent said something or you have some ideas for advertising/content PM me and i'll make sure i add your suggestion. May the Force be with you (wtf.. oh yea, still morning..).

James
    dare18
    dare18
    Supreme Warlord
    Supreme Warlord

Gold : 34163
    Fame : 8

The Warriors
    Name: Xaecar
    Race: Night Elf
    Experience:
    Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James. Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James. Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)

Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James. Empty Re: Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James.

Post by dare18 Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:22 am

i can put cheats as keyword...

but no1 can find us just yet from google
    VSG
    VSG
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Gold : 29533
    Fame : 0

The Warriors
    Name: Anatheron
    Race: Undead
    Experience:
    Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James. Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James. Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)

Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James. Empty Re: Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James.

Post by VSG Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Nice work here, I will put up a few guides on a few heroes I like when I get the time albeit without any replays or lots of screenies..
    DimPapa
    DimPapa
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by DimPapa Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:17 am

Good good! Thats a start! And why cant they find us from google yet? :S
    dare18
    dare18
    Supreme Warlord
    Supreme Warlord

The Warriors
    Experience:
    Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James. Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Advertising strategies and content suggestions by your fellow WCW member James. Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)

Post by dare18 Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 am

Bcos...

We're not popular yet... And...

We're website doesn't use commercial ending

I need money to make it .com

Then...foe sure...we'll make it to google
    DimPapa
    DimPapa
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by DimPapa Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:22 am

I see..
    Crash And Burn
    Crash And Burn
    Private 2
    Private 2

Gold : 28052
    Fame : 0

Post by Crash And Burn Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:00 am

I need someone like DimPapa for Sig Shack... Sad
    GJ anyway!
    dare18
    dare18
    Supreme Warlord
    Supreme Warlord

The Warriors
    Experience:

Post by dare18 Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:14 am

wow...
    \

ure back
    DimPapa
    DimPapa
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by DimPapa Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:55 am

Thanks!
    dare18
    dare18
    Supreme Warlord
    Supreme Warlord

The Warriors
    Experience:

Post by dare18 Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:42 pm

eii..

if u wanna help there...

dont forget here too...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:11 am